Good morning, good MORNING, it's great to stay up late, good morning, good morning, to you!
So just a few little touch ups to this bloggy-oh! first of all the playlist.com thing is gone! Believe it or not, that was kind of annoying! and after that.... not much! The title has remained the same for the past 4-5 years and may forever remain the same! It has a nice ring to it if you ask me...
After that there may be a little bit of explaining to do in regards to why I have picked up the marvelous BLOG once again... It has been said, in fact almost confirmed by many, that I am now living in Provo, that I have no job, and I am not yet in school.... I will not deny nor will I support these rumors... BUT! suffice it to say, I have much time on my hands, I have many thoughts that go unwritten, and I have been seeking for a place to put these unsaid/unwritten thoughts! As well as a place where I can openly share my thoughts (that is not Facebook!)
First of all, I can share with you all the results of the election! If you did not hear, Barrack Obama is once again the president of the United States. IF, perchance, you have not heard this.... Thank you for joining us! Your obvious lack of viewing the news may or may not lead you to believe it is also 2015 and we are now living in nuclear winter!
My thoughts on the election are simple, the President is the President, and unless we as American's give him the power to take away our rights he can only do what we (through our senators and congressmen/women) tell him we want done! Was I entirely happy?! no, I honestly was not. Spending two years in a country ruled by socialism has led me to see just what kind of a road we may or may not be heading down. Healthcare is good, but the taxing it takes to get that healthcare is quite large! I do not believe in a country that should constantly give out handouts! We are America, we are a competitive nation! This is why we have been on the top for so long! We work for what we deserve! Now do I think there are some cases in which people may need help and can find it, that would be nice! But I fear for our nation when we rely so heavily on the government to supply us with what we need.
Would my thoughts change if I were on the receiving end? No, not really! Like I said, I may or may not currently be living away from home, without a job, and that may or may not be hard for me! But that does not mean I am not looking! That does not mean that I am not trying to keep myself occupied (hence blog). Believe it or not, God has never been one to just give handouts! We must be willing to work for what we feel we deserve! The atonement stands there, we must first fight to show that we want it! So it should be with most of this government support. The government should always be that last resort deal. When they jump in right at the beginning no one will learn and no one will grow!
Enough on politics... I hate them anyway!
On the lighter side! I have noticed a few trends in Provo that always make me chuckle a little bit!
1st: You are a social outcast unless you are a: holding someones hand while walking down the street, b: in a group of 4 or more people, or c: talking on the phone so that everyone THINKS you could be holding somebodies hand or in a group of 4 or more people! (yes I am a social outcast!)
2nd: All students flock to where the food is! On days when I want to find a good restaurant (you know, that word is really hard to spell! Thank you spell check) I just follow the couples holding hands, or groups of four or more and they always lead me somewhere with good food! It is quite an amazing thing! college life revolves around FOOD!
3rd: Miss one week of church, people think you are on vacation. two weeks, they start to worry. Three weeks and the bishopric is on your doorstep using the same lines you did as a missionary! Man does it feel weird to be on the other side of that door!
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment