I mean seriously, the way we define ourselves is so strange. Yet, so very personal! I am not entirely sure if I can say I know how I personally define myself. Probably by the ways others define me, that seems resonable! For some, though, it is mistakes that define them. For others triumph. Sometimes definition can come by the ultimate tool of the devil to destroy self worth/identity.... Comparison.
The world we live in today, thrives off comparison! Look at all the magazines, and movies. TV shows and print media, all these things that, in a very evil way, tell everyone, they are not, and will never be, good enough. They will not be sexy, they will not have the right body, men's cars are never good enough. Our muscles will always be tiny... I mean, it's pure evil! I used to read people magazine, while on the toilet during motor home trips, I never understood what I was reading. It wasn't about people, it was about people who we should all be "aspiring" to become!
Comparison is bad! But the world today, lives off of it!
Stay tuned for my next random rant! I have an app on my phone now, which means I can always blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment