I have to say that I agree more fully with the idea presented by my professor which is the flood theory.
Speaking of Jurassic, did you know that most of the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park are actually cretaceous animals? That's right, if Jurassic park were truly based upon dinos in the jurassic period of time, the protagonist would be my friend, and our state fossil, Allosaurus. Not T-Rex. But who am I to question the cold hard facts of hollywood!? Besides, Cretaceous Park doesn't really roll off the tongue like Jurassic Park does. So I won't fight. (Stegosaurus was actually a Jurassic Critter.)
Anyway, here it is! Enjoy!
What
really happened?
A lot of mystery
surrounds the Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry. Why are there so many predators
strewn out among the bones? What could have caused such a catastrophe? Many scientists have put forth their ideas as
to what it was. A predator trap/poisoning effect seems unlikely. Drought seems even
more unlikely, due to the lack of evidence in the sedimentary record. A
situation of flood could be the cause, but my thoughts lean more towards….
Tornadoes.
Now
I know what you’re thinking, BUT SPENCER! No buts! Hear me out, Tornadoes are
known for picking things up, even very heavy things, and moving them somewhere
they do not belong. Why not a giant, heavy dinosaur? Let’s ignore their massive
weight for a second and look at, instead, the bone map that has been placed for
us. You see large amounts of carnivores, especially Allosaurus, strewn
throughout the quarry, mixed in with multiple herbivores. Some of which are in
tiny pieces EVERYWHERE! Now, if a tornado had enough velocity, to pick up a ton
of dinosaurs, why couldn’t it have the velocity to tear them apart? (Morbid, I
apologize!) But what of those skeletons that are found intact? I never said
that the tearing happened to all the dinosaurs, inconsistent? Yes, but this is
a tornado we are talking about! They are inconsistent!
This
brings up the bones that were trampled, if pieces of everything are getting
thrown all over the place, why could they not bash in some bones? And in the
thrashing, could the dinosaurs not kick and scratch at each other? And how dare
we assume that in a frightened state Allosaurus doesn’t get the munchies! All
of which perfectly explain some of the broken bones, the teeth marks, and the
trampled signs.
Now
that your head has images of a flying, full-grown diplodocus, let me bring you
to the next point. No doubt, being torn apart wasn’t bad enough! But Mother
Nature had to go and dump these poor, unsuspecting dinos into a lake. So any
survivors would have drowned, due to a loss of limbs. And once in the lake, the
dense pieces would float to the bottom, to be covered by sand, mud, and other
lakey substances. Thereby burying them until some curious people dug them up,
exposing the sad tale of families, torn by tornado.
The
last point ties into that, the large amounts of dinosaurs can be attributed to
this fast moving tunnel of high velocity winds ripping through the different
herds of both carnivores, and herbivores, picking up a few sad suckers that
could not get out of the way fast enough. Thereby creating a mass variety of
dinosaurs.
Do
I really believe that a tornado did this? I don’t know does George Bush still
believe that there are Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq? That’s for you to
decide!
No comments:
Post a Comment