The concept of what makes a fear rational, or irrational is kind of silly. A fear will always be rational to the person who is afraid of whatever he is afraid of. Point. But I will be honest, I have some fears that I fear are somewhat irrational to some people.
For example, I am seriously afraid of someone stealing my backpack while I am in a bathroom stall, just reaching under the wall and grabbing it. That is something that scares me every time I poop in public. Some would just call it a fear of using public bathrooms, this is false! I have no problem using the toilet in a public place, but I seriously do what women do with purses sometimes where I wrap a strap around my ankle... just in case!
Let's break it down, someone grabs your backpack and goes... You have to finish what you're doing, pull your pants up, open the door, for some crazy people, at least rinse your hands, open another door, and then find said culprit with your backpack... That's a good minute, or forty five second process... your backpack is gone.
Or how about this, what if you're on the toilet when the fire alarm goes off? Do you finish? Do you flush? Wipe? Wash your hands? I mean, for some people being in the shower when a fire alarm goes off can be a fear, but for me, if you're pooping and those sprinkler things go off... You're stuck pooping and showering, fear ratified.
Yes, my irrational fears involve pooping... You'll get over it!
No comments:
Post a Comment