Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Between a Trailer and a Hard Place.

I'm thinking that'd be a good spin off of that one guys book, except mine would be like, a page, maybe two!
So anyway, yes I broke my leg Saturday night, it was not very pleasant but doesn't hurt as bad as I thought it would, yeah it has its moments but I'll live!
So anyway this is what happened... We had just gotten the car off of a flat bed trailer we were towing behind our big R.V. and it was my job to help back it into its place. Now usually I would've been standing on the sides where he could see me in the mirrors but I was not thinking clearly and just wanted to get home. So I was standing right behind this trailer where I was almost invisible to my Dad who was backing the trailer in. Anyway as the trailer got closer I was thinking man maybe I should move, but then the stupid side of me said oh no Dad can see me he'll stop, well guess what, he couldn't see me and he didn't stop... The last thing that ran through my mind before he hit me was wow I'm really stupid.
Now my dad thinks it's his fault that I broke my leg but really you can see that it is clearly all me and my stupidity....
So what happened next? Well settle down and I will continue, so the trailer forced me into the wall where I began to scream, well yell, not because I was hurt, or I heard a snap from my leg but because A FRICKEN TRAILER HAD PINNED ME TO A WALL!!! attention fail? I think so, anyway so a heard my leg snap but I was not in a lot of pain so I thought I'd be fine kinda I wasn't really thinking of anything at the moment except there is a trailer pinning my leg to a wall! oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh, yeah that's about all that was running through my head... So my dad pulled the r.v. forward and I kinda buckled over into the fetal position just sitting there and I saw my dad running towards me followed by Mom, Michael, Christian, and Megan, I can't remember where Ruthie was if she was there or not, but while on the ground I was apologizing to my Dad for being such an idiot and not moving, and I couldn't cry, I am not sure why but tears just wouldn't come out, they're hiding somewhere I guess... anyway so what followed was a frenzy of what should we do who should we call where should we go and quickly putting everything away while I was laying on the trailer that had smashed my leg... So I went into shock or something where it got really cold for about ten minutes before we left for the hospital my mom said a quick prayer followed by a quick blessing from my dad, both really helped. Then in a fast manor was driven to the hospital by my dad.
Now usually when you see someone who has just broken their leg and is now sitting in a wheelchair in the E.R. you would think wow they look hurt or wow they seem really scared or something. No my dad looked worst then me, I was joking and trying to make him smile, didn't really work too well.... so finally a nurse took my blood pressure and was like ok now we'll find you an xray room, that took about thirty minutes, maybe more, then twenty minutes for the xray then we had to wait for a room wait for our ever so generous neighbor to show up and talk to me and after that wait while I was casted and checked out.
The E.R. experience lasted a little over four hours. after that I came home and attempted to fall asleep....
OK! So there you go! here's a picture of me in the hospital bed right after casting I look pretty happy huh?so this cast that I get in a week that replaces this soft cast or splint will be the same size, running from my toes to my groin. (Or balls to toes as many people have enjoyed hearing lately...) and yeah I'll have it till June! But this is a lot better then having a plate put in instead the cast sounded alot nicer....
So there you have it! my fateful night of being attacked by a trailer/wall. Fun fun fun right?
I'll try to talk about the rest of my spring break later, that'll be a fun story alot more fun then this one so keep on reading and such! later!

No comments: