Thursday, March 12, 2009

An Ode to Mother! (kinda)

So reading through my mom's blog I find that there is very little of me, and thinking of my own blog I could not think of mentioning her in any of my blogs... SO! I decided that I would mention her before she mentioned me haha sneaky sneaky no?
Dear Mom,
Thank you for all you do, thank you for putting up with my constant laziness and overtalkativeness (yeah I just made up that word!) thank you for teaching me to read, do my laundry, make my bed, and showing me how to love my family. Thank you for always being there for me when I need someone to talk to even if it is two o'clock in the morning. Thank you for taking care of me when I was sick or discouraged. Thank you for being understanding when I wanted to do something. You always listen to my side of the story, let alone listen to my long and pointless stories. You comment on my blog and tell me how I make you laugh, you get me to do the homework that I would much rather put off. You motivate me to do the things I want to do even when I have almost never followed through to the end on any of them.
Thank you for impressing upon me a love of music, and then putting up with the music I listen to. Thank you for taking me to appointments and meetings and then laughing with me after some of them, thank you for the funny conversations we have in the car. thank you for telling me funny things about your childhood and thank you for allowing me to be childish hehe.
Thank you for the times you forgave me and thank you for the times you didn't yell at me even though i deserved it. Thank you for being my Mumma Moo.
Mom. I love you!
Love Spencer! =)

1 comment:

Renee said...

Oh Spen, You are so dear to me. Thank you so much. This means so much to me. I am sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks, I am so very grateful for you. What a blessing you are in my life. There aren't even words to let you know how touched I am by what you wrote, just know that I love you so much. Love, Mom